Here are some steps you can take:

1. Know your IBEW membership status: Are you current on your monthly membership fees? Find out and make plans to ensure you stay up-to-date. Call the Hall at (405) 670-4777 to get details.

2. Sign the “available-to-work” list: Journeymen, Residential Journeymen, Small Commercial Wiremen, and Teledata members should sign the books via text as soon as possible. (“The books” is another name for “the available-to-work” list). Please send a text to 844.382.9740. Questions? Call the IBEW 1141 Dispatcher at (405) 670-4777 for more information. You must resign between the 10th and 16th if you wish to remain on the Available For Work list. If you do not resign between the 10th and the 16th, you will be removed from the Book.

3. Sign up for unemployment benefits: Click here to visit the UI page –>

4. If you have to go back to work quickly: Call your organizer. There may be an opportunity to get back on a job site fast – while assisting with membership development.

Oklahoma City:

Don Mullens: 405-543-7512;


Steve Myers: 580-695-0450;

Get connected. Get resources.

  If you, your family, or someone you know could benefit from any assistance with

  • Food
  • Utilities
  • Mental health care
  • Disabilities
  • COVID-related issues

or anything else, please visit 211’s official website here, or don’t hesitate to call 211 from your phone to speak with a live, highly trained service professional in the area.

All calls are confidential, and you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

211 also offers specific assistance and resources for UNION members and their families. Click here for more information.

Helpful online IBEW sites:

Where2bro — This site has information about traveling for work, the job outlook in other Locals across the US, do’s and don’ts of the road, and more.

ERTS — The IBEW/NECA Electronic Reciprocal Transfer System primarily assists plan participants in requesting the transfer of pension and health & welfare money (contributions) back to their home funds no matter where they may be working.

Re-sign — Complete your monthly re-sign and remain on the Available For Work list.

Other resources at your Local Union Hall:

Nightline — Call (405) 670-2243.

Benefits — Check your health insurance hour bank status by calling the Hall at (405) 670-4777.

When in doubt — Call your organizer. He can assist you with any other questions you may have.

Do you need CEUs?

The JATC frequently hosts classes as well as providing online options. We recommend that you check their offerings first — but if nothing is scheduled, visit the Construction Industries Board site and see what electrical classes they have available: Click here to see the CIB’s classes.